Emulators and Browser
CETerm is three terminal emulation clients and a Data Collection Web Browser in a single application package. You can simultaneously use any combination of terminal emulation and web browser sessions to connect up to four host applications using 3270, 5250, VT220 or VT100 and HTML (web) sessions.
CETerm provides the most complete feature set for data collection solutions. It is intuitive to configure, simple to customize and easy to deploy. Here are some benefit highlights:
- Device Tailored Versions:
- Windows CE industrial terminals come in many variations of keypads, screen size and input / output peripherals. We have created device tailored versions of CETerm for terminals from every major hardware vendor to leverage the ergonomics of each terminal so that you can implement a more usable and productive solution.
- Barcode Scanner Control:
- If your Windows CE terminal has an internal scanner or imager, you may run a barcode wedge application to scan a barcode. Such an application simulates keystrokes for the decoded scan data. This is a restrictive solution. CETerm directly interfaces with the scan engine to allow complete configuration and control of the barcode scanner and symbologies. This not only delivers better performance for scan decodes, but also makes it more flexible for data validation, processing and manipulation.
- Integrated RFID:
- Unlike barcode scanner data, which is scanned and decoded a single read at a time, RFID data can be read from multiple tags with a single read. Further, this data may require to be parsed, validated and possibly reformatted, prior to submitting it via a terminal emulation or web browser session to the host application. Tight integration of CETerm with the device RFID readers allows for this data processing to happen right on the device, as opposed to on some integration middleware. This allows you to benefit from RFID technology without the need to make any changes to the host application.
- Customize workflow using Scripting:
- Almost every data collection solution, whether it is around green screen terminal emulation or newer web based applications, requires customization. Our TE and Browser include a powerful scripting capability to allow such customization to automate any workflow process.
- Secure access to your business applications:
- Secure transmission of your business data over wireless networks is not only an imperative; it is mandated as part of enterprise wireless strategy for many companies. CETerm includes built-in support for both SSL (for IBM mainframes and Web Browser) and SSH (for VT hosts) Secure Shell protocols. This provides a secure way to transmit and receive data utilizing strong encryption and authentication to ensure confidentiality, authenticity and integrity of exchanged data.
- Speech enabled TE and Browser:
- A speech directed workflow may help you minimize repetitive physical worker movements and allow hands free operation. With our TE and Browser, you can customize your solution to receive speech input commands or verbally confirm your actions as you navigate through your host application. You can also convert text responses from the host to spoken output so as to receive instructions or results narrated by voice.
CE3270 is a single emulation product that only includes support for IBM 3270 terminal emulation and a data collection web browser.
If you have applications running on an IBM 3270 mainframe, you probably access these today either using a dumb 3270 terminal or a desktop emulation application. You can extend access of these applications from a Windows CE / Windows Mobile handheld device, over a wireless 802.11x WLAN or WWAN network using Naurtech CE3270.
CE3270 includes support for web browser sessions and is equivalent in all functionality to CETerm, except that it lacks 5250 and VT terminal emulations.
CE5250 is our single emulation product, which includes support only for IBM 5250 terminal emulation and a data collection web browser.
If you have applications running on an iSeries / AS/400 host, you can access these from any Windows CE / Windows Mobile handheld device, over a wireless 802.11x WLAN or WWAN network using Naurtech CE5250.
CE5250 includes support for a Web Browser as well. It is equivalent in functionality to CETerm, except that it lacks 3270 and VT terminal emulations.
CEVT220 is our single emulation product, which includes support only for VT100 and VT220 terminal emulations. It also includes support for web browser sessions.
With CEVT220 you can access your business applications running on UNIX, Linux, AIX, NT, Dec and VMS servers over telnet, using a Windows CE / Windows Mobile handheld device.
CEVT220 includes support for a Web Browser as well. It is equivalent in functionality to CETerm, except that it lacks IBM 3270 and 5250 terminal emulations.